Слепая печать:
  Championship-Ru
  Championship-En
urikor.net Forum Index urikor.net
Все о слепой машинописи и клавиатурных тренажерах

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Championship. June 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    urikor.net Forum Index -> Online Touch-Typing Championship
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Автандилина
AvtandiLine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensiblu wrote:
ok 3 now Smile) I know I can do it.. I just hope it will be better than my non-error free score

well Sensiblu, there's stii time to do it Smile still a day and a half. The main thing is - that YOU had free time.

for me, it's not too easy to make it error-free, far from that!.. Wink But it is my "strategic" aim in participating the championship - to make myself be more strict to myself ))))) I let it be more slowly, never mind!

From time to time, being strict it's so useful. Tends to increase one's typing speed some time later.

On the other hand, I'm striving "after you" so to speak, hunting on your steps ahead )))) That's a stimul, too. Smile /oh my English!.. hope you get just the topic - don't mind the ukward form/
Sensiblu
senior sergeant
senior sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been experiencing some pain in my fingers in the last days.. that made me thought a little about this whole speed typing stuff.. So I decided not to type on urikor more than 2 times a day.. at least for a while.. the pain went away after a few days.. I didn't type much these days. I wonder if it's the way the keyboard presses to cause me pain or if it's overtyping... Did any of you had this problem? I mention that it's not in my wrists.. I don't have any pain in my wrists.. just in my fingers...I am thinking of getting an ergonimic keyboard although it will slow my typing .. my health is more important than typing.. I am thinking of buying a Microsoft Natural 4000. One of my class mates bought one and feels pretty comfortable although the way the key press... it's definitely not ment to be a fast keyboard..Do you know anything about it?...anyway a break is wellcomed Wink) Happy free injury typing to everyone Smile
Автандилина
AvtandiLine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensiblu wrote:
I have been experiencing some pain in my fingers in the last days..
... that it's not in my wrists.. I don't have any pain in my wrists.. just in my fingers...
I wonder if it's the way the keyboard presses to cause me pain or if it's overtyping...

Oh dear what a trouble!... :--(((((

your new keyboard?.. that one with notebook-like keys?
As I feel the notebook keys click - I'd say is not good... It's so "dry" and "hard" click.

(I like soft AND fast. And the deck should be not straight-line when looking at it from its side. But such keyboards are probably very rare nowdays. It's so difficult a problem - to find and buy a good keaboard...)

So, I'd suppose it might be from the way the keyboard presses. As for overtyping - it would need rather much of daily typing, to have overtyping...

- - -

Microsoft keyboards?
I've bought a "basic" Microsoft model ("ergonomical" I can't, as I have to type with maximum speeds in several places on "classic" keyboards). As for my piece (or "exemplar"??), Microsoft "Basic" feels rather soft and "comfy" when typing at a middle speed. When fast - it breaks my rhythm (I don't know what is already typed, and what is just going to be typed)), so I can't reach my best speed - even though the keys are rather fast.

- - -
and I do much exercise in the Championship these very days, since after I would have to the doctor about my teeth, so might get "out" at all )))) so much afraid of tooth pain, a-a-a!... Smile

Good health to everybody Smile
Sensiblu
senior sergeant
senior sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my finger pain is gone Very Happy I guess the pain was caused by typing too fast too much.. That's my conclusion. Overtyping is not necessary causing pain but overtyping at high speeds surely has some serious impact on my fingers. I didn't experience it before because my last keyboard was not a slim one like this.. The problem with this slim keyboard is that it does not absorb the shock of a keypress. I mean when you press a key at high speeds an impact is produced to the finger bones. The typical keyboard has those "rubber thingys" under the keys which raise the key up after you press it and they also ABSORB a part of the shock. But this slim keyboard has a very short keypress so there is no time for the shock to be absorbed. It's almost like typing on a piece of wood.. I mean try typing on the desk fast .. not on the keyboard on the wooden desk... You can surely feel the shock. I guess that's what causes the pain. I don't have too much money now to buy that microsoft natural 4000.. it's about 30$ here in Romania so I will stick on to typing slow and accurate Very Happy That's pretty interesting and it does not cause me pain like in the case of speeding over the keyboard like a maniac Smile) The results are nearly the same with the 50 points bonus to error free Very Happy But I must admit it is not easy to type error free... but practice will make it perfect.. I mean Avatandi types each text error free dozens of time Smile Cool .. I want that too Smile)
Автандилина
AvtandiLine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensiblu wrote:
Well my finger pain is gone Very Happy

Very Happy
Knowing the reason should help you to get safe typing habits as to how fast, when and for how long... Smile

Sensiblu wrote:
The problem with this slim keyboard is that it does not absorb the shock of a keypress. I mean when you press a key at high speeds an impact is produced to the finger bones.
... It's almost like typing on a piece of wood..

Yes that's the very thing I meant speaking about "dry" keypress! You've put it all very detailed and crisp. The more don't I like slim keyboards.

Sensiblu wrote:
The results are nearly the same with the 50 points bonus to error free Very Happy But I must admit it is not easy to type error free... but practice will make it perfect.. I mean Avatandi types each text error free dozens of time Smile Cool .. I want that too Smile)

Smile) It's rather difficult for me, those dozens of time ))) but I'm doing my best to get to it. Slow and error free typing is a very reliable way to improve my typing speed, step by step.

Now on Russian forum we've got a discussion about 50 points bonus. http://urikor.net/phpBB2/en_lang/viewtopic.php?t=1031
There will be remarkable changes in the rules of the Englich Championship soon.
Urikor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Автандилина the rights.
I plan a new kind of competitions.
The corrected mistakes will not be considered.
Sensiblu
senior sergeant
senior sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when will those changes in the championship take place? In the July Championship? Very Happy
Urikor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's try. But I do not promise. Not all depends on me.
ArthurW
Prizivnik - draftee
Prizivnik - draftee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juri, can you also give us a bit more details about them? (we're absolutely "tone-deaf" at Cyrillic script and Russian language thus we can't read the posts at that section) Or you want to keep it a surprise? Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Urikor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, certainly, it not a secret. Very Happy
I badly know English language.
Will be 3 (and can 4) championship.
1 championship (short) - length of the text of 300-700 symbols.
2 championship (average) - 800-1200 symbols.
3 championship (long) - 1300-1700 symbols.
Online a simulator for beginning users prepares.
Perhaps, the championship for professionals.
To wait remains a little.
Have patience.
Very Happy
Sensiblu
senior sergeant
senior sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to congratulate Gem for taking the 1st place this month and Avatandi for his 2nd place error free! Smile Good job you guys Smile
Gem
captain
captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensiblu wrote:
I want to congratulate Gem for taking the 1st place this month and Avatandi for his 2nd place error free! Smile Good job you guys Smile
Thanks.
BTW, do you know why Son didn't pass several tours?
Sensiblu
senior sergeant
senior sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why he didn't pass the final tours in june. Maybe he was busy with the exams because he is a student and in this period of the year most of the universities have an exam period.
ArthurW
Prizivnik - draftee
Prizivnik - draftee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And congratulations to Liviu too, for his third place, and so close to Avtandi (3 points below her)!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Автандилина
AvtandiLine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thanks for congratulations Smile
I had to leave Moscow the day before the last day of 10 tour, so I thought Liviu would still get ahaid of me. His spurt in the beginning of 10 tour was brilliant! I admired it.
(Liviu's typing speed is in fact much higher than my, and I only wish that Liviu improves his "patience" to type near-errorfree)))

New successes to everybodyd!
That was a very interesting competition.

I very hope SON will return and make new splendid record!
ArthurW
Prizivnik - draftee
Prizivnik - draftee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, now I see... Автанди is a girl?! Embarassed Sorry, I did not know.

And good luck to everyone in July too!
ZukerPA
Touchtyping Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArthurW, after my returning, it looks like you are my rival for this month. :)

Good luck for you and let's have a nice competition!
ArthurW
Prizivnik - draftee
Prizivnik - draftee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same to you, Petr!
But I don't think it's about rivalry Wink We're all typing here for fun and of course to make new friends who share our hobby Smile And if my keyboard keeps up with me then I may get higher scores. For now, I'm happy for having achieved to type with over 400 cpm on one occasion til now and that I no longer have the highest number of errors! Of course, here it's also about improving typing speed, isn't it Smile Hope I don't get too addicted, because it's really very addictive ... like trivia games (I admit that it wasn't really easy to give up playing trivia in a hardcore rate) Razz
ZukerPA
Touchtyping Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes-yes, it's nothing about rivalty. :wink:

Not for me, maybe, because for me it's like a battle with yourself and with the others. And in this battle you are making your new personal records and step by step become closer to the top. My speed and my hands can do it and I want to make it there that's why I need good rivals, because if you are already at the top it's hard to improving yourself.
Squeezybabe
Prizivnik - draftee
Prizivnik - draftee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love this site - and the whole concept. I just found it. I'll try for my first result tomorrow morning. Because I type best in the morning. Smile

I use Dvorak - does everyone else?

I'll read more tomorrow, and not be such a n00b.

Best,
Michele
ZukerPA
Touchtyping Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squeezybabe wrote:
I just love this site - and the whole concept. I just found it. I'll try for my first result tomorrow morning. Because I type best in the morning. :)

I use Dvorak - does everyone else?

I'll read more tomorrow, and not be such a n00b.

Best,
Michele

Dvorak is the best, definitely.

Gem use Dvorak, the same I am.

Everyone are glad to see you in the championship!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    urikor.net Forum Index -> Online Touch-Typing Championship All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: